It’s a funny thing, financial planning. Most people think it’s all about money, but at Cordiner Wealth, we know it’s more about life. We’re all firm believers that it’s not enough to get a good return on your investments (though that’s always good). Instead, our aim is to get you a good return on life.
We’re life-centred planners – and we work that way because it’s an approach that makes the most sense to us. It’s really quite simple; if we spend time getting to know what you want from life, what makes you tick, we stand a much greater chance of putting together a plan that’s absolutely right for you – and your wealth. The crucial thing is, YOU will always come first.
Live your best life
Life-centred planning probably sounds more complicated than it is. In the simplest terms, it’s helping you live the best life you can, with the money you have. At Cordiner Wealth, there are five important ways that we help you do that:
1. Get organised
- It’s time to get your financial house in order. The best place to start is by looking at your income, outgoings, savings and investments to get a 360-degree view of where you are now. Then, with that knowledge under our belt, we can look at effective tax planning and investment strategies to make sure you’re doing everything in the most efficient way. We’ll also check everything’s up to scratch when it comes to your protection and estate planning.
2. Stay on track
- Having a plan is important, sticking to it is crucial. Once we’ve got a clear picture of where you’re heading, we’ll guide you through the steps to get there. And then we’ll keep checking in to make sure you don’t deviate too far from your original path. If you do, don’t worry. We’ll be there to point you in the right direction again.
3. See things clearly
- It’s hard to be objective about things that affect your home, your family or your business. Emotion is a powerful factor, even where money is involved. So when it comes to the really important decisions, we find it helps to chat everything through. You’ll have a million other things on your plate, so let us do the groundwork, pulling together all the information you need. Then we’ll sit down and weigh up all the pros and cons, before helping you decide on the best course of action.
4. Ready for anything
- While you’re busy dealing with life and all the curve-balls it might throw at you, you might not have time to stop and look ahead. We’re here to anticipate the next stage in life that you’re approaching and give you a nudge in plenty of time to plan for it. If we can keep the road ahead as smooth as possible, helping you avoid any potholes along the way, then we’ve done our job.
5. Knowledge is power
- If you know anything about the financial world, you’ll know that it’s changing all the time. Tax rules alter, new products come onto the market and investment funds can change within the blink of an eye. We’re immersed in this environment day in, day out and work really hard to ensure we’re on top of what’s happening now – and what’s likely to happen in the months ahead. As each change happens, we’ll let you know what it means for you, whether you need to take any action and if that opens you up to any risk. That’s what we’re here for.
We’re a family business and we hope that shines through in everything we do. All we want is for you and the people you care about to get the most out of life. And why not? You’ve certainly worked hard for it.